Last Saturday I wrapped up my service on the board of directors of the Minnesota Grape Growers Association. I joined the board two years ago to serve its members and help spread the word about a unique state industry that was growing right under my nose. Six months prior I didn't even know the Minnesota wine industry even existed, let alone that Minnesota is a national leader in cold climate viticulture! That's when I started this blog. It began as a log of my discoveries and a way to help spread the good word about Minnesota wines.
While I was involved with the MGGA, ironically, I didn't have the capacity to do much with this blog. But now, with a new perspective, more knowledge and new industry contacts and friends, (and more capacity in my life) I'm wondering: what's a cold climate wine blogger to do now?
And so I'm asking:
- What you want to know about the Minnesota grape and wine industry?
- What information would be helpful to you before purchasing Minnesota wine?
- What sources do you use now to learn more about Minnesota wine?
- What's your opinion of Minnesota wine?
- When was the last time you tried Minnesota wine?
Let me know your thoughts! I hope to see you soon in a local tasting room! --Kristo